Thursday, December 16, 2010

Artist: David Hockney, Autumn Pool (Paper Pool 29)

















I was reminded of how much I love this painting when I came across it again on the last page of the January 2011 issue of Architectural Digest. Phillips De Pury, London just sold it at auction for $2.1 million, after it was valued at $1.1-$1.5 million. The sale broke the world record for a work on paper.

My friend's watercolor that reminded me of David Hockney...












Love this by DH too, called "A Bigger Splash"



















And this one, called "Beverly Hills Housewife", which sold at auction in New York in May 2009 for $7.9 million.

1 comment:

  1. It is certainly impossible to forget about David Hockney, a renowned Artist from British, known for his great work that include colorful painting of various outdoor scenes.

    Offer Waterman & Co.

    ReplyDelete